Soviet makeup 70th - the beginning of the 90-xx

With the current abundance of beauty sometimes involuntarily reminded of the old (not) good times of shortages, when women are also desperately wanted to be beautiful, but there was nothing.
And yet, something still was something our mothers, and then we enjoyed.
Nostalgically pouzhasaemsya Letter of make-up of previous years.

All will remember the episode of "Office Romance" (1977), in which only came to work, "statistical Beauty" suggest marafet.
Already on this episode is clear, as has been modest in those days cosmetic range: all women are applied to the eyelids blue-gray shadow, eyeliner and finely plucked eyebrow pencil, looks suspiciously like ordinary paint, lipstick and lip tint indistinct reddish-pink tone. < br /> With approximately the makeup appears then converts Lyudmila Prokofievna.

way, absolutely with the same make-up on the screen appeared two years earlier Nadia of "Twist of Fate" (1975)

But however modest a choice of cosmetics, Soviet screen beauties can not be called lags behind Western fashion of the time.
The campaign posters Maybelline, we see a very similar makeup: blue shadows almost to his eyebrows, thin eyebrows in a semicircle, quite bright reddish blush and lipstick to match.

Very similar make-up was on the fatal blonde Svetlana Svetlichnaya in "Diamond Hand" (1968), only the eyes of the actress were announced bright "arrow" in the fashion of the 60-xx.

Addicted to blue-gray shadows generally differ makeup end 60-70 xx years. However, for the Soviet women, it was not so much a matter of taste, as the notorious choice - why this shade was represented in the sale more often.
Natalia Kustinskaya in the film "Ivan Vasilievich" (1973)
Legendary "Yakin threw his Kikimora!".

In the same film actress demonstrates a cult beauty product of Soviet women - in ink sticks, which should not care.

In spit ink, and then the most desperate and more separated lashes needles or pins.
The effect produces a stunning, particularly if previously resorted to yet another daunting procedure - curling eyelashes hot knife or spoon.

Celebrated ink "Leningrad"

Smooth skin tone provided another legendary cosmetic product - foundation "Ballet" from the factory "Freedom", lying down on a thick layer of the skin, creating the effect of a smooth, albeit unnatural mask.

By the way, the cream has recently experienced a rebirth, and now the market is represented by "Ballet 2000" is rumored to be very good.

Then the skin powder - sometimes just what was at hand. For example, in provincial cities, women have used for this purpose conventional talc or tooth powder.
On paper, as usual, sounded much smarter, "Powder distinguished by a number of grounds. It is the consistency of powder (the most common), in the form of tablets (compact), pasty (cream powder) and liquid. Powder powder according to the degree and type of grinding fragrances is divided into four groups: high quality - the "East," velvety "," Ballet ", etc .; Group A (good quality) - "Red Moscow", "Kremlin", "Hellas", "Fairy Tale", etc .; Group B (medium) - "Mask", "Camellia", "Chypre", etc .; Group B (mass) - "Carmen", "Lilac", "Violet" and others. By appointment powder released for oily skin ("Chypre", "White Night", "Leningrad" et al.) and dry ("Velvet" "Magnolia," "The Red Poppy", "Cream powder" and others.); color - white, pink (for blondes), Rachelle number 1, 2 and 3, tan (for brown-haired women and brunettes). "

Proud members of the group A - perfume and powder "Red Moscow".

Charming paper round boxes from the "mass" of powder.

"Carmen"

"Carnation" and "Lily"

Curious recommendations of the time for applying powder "Powder can be applied in the following order: first powder chin, then circle the mouth, cheeks, forehead, nose. To use for this purpose puffs not hygienic, as they quickly become soiled. Better to use each time a clean cotton swab. "

Powder "Leningrad" for normal to oily skin (1985 release, the price of 85 cents).

And remember fatty blush in plastic boxes?
My mother had the same, only a very vigorous pink.

By the way, many women had already reached his mind now fashionable among makeup artists reception - use lipstick as blush.
Lipstick on my mind all entirely produced in plastic case about such.

Lead pencils "Cosmetics" - black, brown, blue and green colors - was no softer than wood from which these pencils were made. Therefore, in order to draw the eye pencils needed to actively wet with saliva. As a result, the line obtained thick and uneven.
And sometimes these pencils were lacking. Then in the course were the most common, the benefit that the difference between them and the beauty was not so great.

Complements nail polish, matt and often about the same reddish hue as the lipstick heroines "Office Romance". But the case and pearl shining brilliantly desperate.
Nail polish 70-xx years

Well, of course, perfume.
The choice of spirits was significantly better than the range of color cosmetics.
I remember back in my childhood dreams was within my own bottle of perfume "Natasha" (factory "New Dawn", 1 rub. 50 kopecks).

And yet my mother were spirits "Scythian Gold", which seemed to me the most delicious in the world! Released them all the same "New Dawn".

Fashion 80-xx demanded quite exaggerated way: bright and shiny fabrics, Lurex, massive decorations made of plastic and fake "gold", lush hair and "war paint" unimaginable shades.

Mad poured generously greased back hair with hairspray "beauty" so that hair is literally getting hard to the touch. The higher and firmer bouffant - so beautiful!

Lips was necessary to tint shiny lipstick poisonous flowers. A special chic is let down by the contour brown pencil lips tinted pale pearly lipstick.

In the "currency" stores, where it was not to be a mere mortal, began appearing Western cosmetics brands.
All the women began to dream of the "golden roses" Lancome and packaged in blue and blue boxes of powder and lipstick Dior.

Blush "Estee Lauder" from the company store, which could only be accessed by invitation.

At the end of the 80-xx - xx early 90's in fashion still reigned brightness. Blue, green, purple shiny shade to the eyebrows, thick pencil eyeliner, blush and feverish spots marked per kilometer lips.

My first makeup look something like this, only the shadows were green, and her lips and cheeks - crimson.

But now get fashionable image became much easier - the market flooded cheaper brands a wide range of cosmetics. Alone sets the brand Ruby Rose guaranteed trendy makeup.

A necessary attribute of the image - nail polishes all colors of the rainbow. Enjoyed a special love American brand KiKi, letting out sparkling sequins paints the most incredible colors, because of which the nails sloilis, yellowing and scrap (personally I finally nail on the thumb of his right hand cracked "to meat"), but for the sake of what did not go in the name of beauty.

And then the Soviet Union ended, and started a completely different story.
 -

Source

-

Tags

See also

New and interesting