Past Future (40 photos)

As our ancestors imagined today.

For example, in 1885 the American satirical magazine "Puck" appeared here such picture.

year here is important because the opening of the Statue of Liberty took place only 28 October 1886!
That is, this is the future introduction cartoonist.
Outdoor advertising in those years was just beginning to pervade the streets of American cities - but pessemisty already seen in this undoubted evil :)

Another example concerns the future of American domination of advertising :)

But today I would like to supplement the once I have laid out a series of cards, "as the French imagined 2000 1910»

The belief that people in 2000 will be able to fly like a bird - it is an amazing course! No one caused the slightest doubt that in 100 years people finally conquer the sky. "Hunting in the air" - just remember the valiant fun of the powerful shooting from helicopters. Is not it?

Belief in a heavenly future of humanity was just a fanatic:

People believed that virtually all human life will flow in the air.

Terrible weapons - the zeppelins of the past-future :)

That's the poachers are gliders :)

No, still an amazing thing - how were sometimes visionary imagination of their ancestors. "Trained orchestra pancake. Only today it is called "phonogram" :)

Here, too, is nothing surprising - intensive conveyor in the food industry - think. Up there on the machine in two banks I suppose hormones and steroids for automatic injection ...

This is my favorite picture - "molecular gastronomy & quot ;, a pancake :)))

Further too surprising. Agree - great to live in the future and that way carelessly throw:

"Airbus" - the main competitor of "Boeing" Corny ... :)

Electronic Telescope - what could be easier?

Microbiologists and electron microscope - trivial.

And then I decided to put this French postcard from the series that were already in my journal. That is to say, to set. Suddenly, who has not seen?

Postcard «Chauffage au Radium» - «Heating radium." These lovely people gathered by the fireplace, which is fixed a piece of radioactive metal. Look closely at the card - you can see in the fireplace on a stand flame? This certificate craze first years of the twentieth century radioactivity. After all, even in 1902, it was isolated pure radium. The selected element is an isotope of radium-226, a decay product of uranium-238. So what are these nice people on the card earn acute radiation sickness from uranium derivative. Cute, right?

I have fun and different card - "At school»

It is even possible to discern some sort of Internet. Do not you think?

Only they probably will have problems with the transfer formats. I recall an old anecdote - what program files, you can convert txt format to mp3. This is - this is a program that converts txt directly into avi - wow! :)

More evidence of the craze of the first years of the twentieth century - "Aeronautics»:

"Aeronautic unit for long distance travel" - is not the zeppelin LZ 129 "Hindenburg»?

"The air traffic controller policeman»

«L'avenue de l'Opéra» - not weak, however, air traffic at Paris

"One on track" - in the air with ppm? Ayayay!

Flying fire (firemen back then was not);)

Air flower festival

"Sentinel on helicopters" - is not patrol helicopters?

"Rescuers»

Generally, if a fashion and hairstyles futurologists much mistaken (which actually surprisingly), some surprising predictions farsighted

This postcard entitled "Dikovinka" certainly was half-joking. Well, pray tell, the horse may become a rarity?

"Phonographic message" - is not a voice mail?

«Correspondance Cinéma - Phono - Télégraphique» - 3G-video link :)))

"Listening to the newspapers" - without words!

Not lowered and the theme of mechanization of labor :)

Taylor has a future ... or, is it the last?

Barber new century

Electric builder

«Madame à sa Toilette»

Theme Fashion postcards (especially female) does not give me rest. Why no one even could not imagine that the ladies in 2000 will be walking the streets, not only without hats, and pants ???

So ladies should dress of 2000:

And this is all a masterpiece (not from this set of cards). Picture 1883:

So will dress in 1952. Definitely a masterpiece!

But back to the French set of cards
Subject vehicle also not omitted:

"War Machines" - the future armored

Bronemototsikletny patrol

Electric train Paris-Beijing. You see Chinese? And how else can look the Chinese in 2000?

And this card is called "Chemical lunch." The idea of ​​a synthetic food in 1910. I admire ...

PS And how you like the idea, "crowded aircraft at rush hour»?

In my opinion, delicious :)

What else is wondering if the technical and scientific news people were surprisingly accurate, the architecture, as well as with fashion, they had obvious problems. Fantasy is not enough?

Since the early twentieth century were the future shape of cities

And so - the unenviable fate of monuments of architecture :)

Tags

See also

New and interesting