Office Vkontakte (43 photos)

The other day we brought with colleagues randomly in the northern capital, where at least we managed to accidentally visit the perhaps unusual office of the city. The presence of the camera allowed in part to convey the atmosphere that reigns in this place

business center "Zinger House" is located on the main avenue in the heart of the cultural capital - a luxury representative building with large windows, storefronts, granite cladding and decorative brass ornaments. Business center building has a rich history - at the beginning of the 20th century, it was built for the manufacturing of the American company "Singer", known worldwide for its sewing machines. In fact, this building was the first business center in the country's history of urban development. Since 1919, the building housed the large publishing houses - "Education", "Lenizdat", "Fiction" and "Art". In late 2006, over the restoration of the lower floors of the building, after which there is again located Book House - center bookstore. Just recently, on the top two floors of this building housed the company "VKontakte".

Located in front of the Kazan Cathedral - another place, past which no "say cheese" does not pass any tourist. And just down the road, with the Griboyedov Canal, is the Savior on Spilled Blood.

Where else can walk guests who came to Peter, but to no Nevsky? It was there that we met by chance and Vlad invladis Tsyplukhin, the spokesperson of the famous social network. Time before departure was still, so we decided to go to the office, in which the company recently moved from a small rented apartment.

- What other companies are located in this building? - We asked Vlad, going to the gold-plated elevator.
- "Gazprom-Media", "Bank of Moscow" was recently ... here's another "VKontakte" stopped! - Told us the unknown girl who have come with us to the elevator.
We smiled at each other :)

Receptionist company looks quite bleak, but modern:

However, for some reason, the first thing Vlad led us through it, and through the second entrance, one of the key areas in which a room for negotiations ... :) On the one hand - gloomy, on the other - damn unusual and therefore interesting - every day is issued opportunity to plunge a couple of periods ago, in the Middle Ages:

Wandering around the office floors, I counted at least another half a dozen conference rooms, executed in the much more traditional styles. At first I was not surprised so many peregovorok - I thought that in such a large project, at least, there is always something to discuss working team. But it turned out that these "gatherings" not vice versa - managers work separately, programmers, too - nobody interferes with anyone. So these rooms until just did not find the active application - except for meetings many guests (including foreign) of all sizes.

This room in the office called "Lenin", though, as for me, this is a real hookah :) It is worth to pay tribute to the company's management for taking care of employees - it is all for a healthy lifestyle, so smoking and alcohol banned, even at corporate . Mat just can not swear as to create conflict situations.

Place of execution for system administrators and other negotiations:

Habitat office manager of the project:

Table with extruded company logo:

The usual jobs look a little easier. For example, "factory", where "forge code" programmers - its equipment to keep pace with the times, but still feel the atmosphere of the shop for production of sewing machines:

The working day starts at an average of 12 hours. In the photo - a typical workplace employee. Surprisingly, "Macs" almost no one works - if in many offices they only pray there around the office of only three pieces. One of the staff lives at work, he has a bed and all-all-all :)

And this room - a kind of educational initiative "VKontakte". In her "main geeks" of lectures to talented students, mathematicians and students of initial courses of universities. Moreover - there is even a team of young programmers who sponsor and sent to the programming world championship. Similarly, the model Dell Monitors determine easily, but most likely it 2408WPF or U2410 - excellent monitors IPS-matrix, approve :)

In the company, as a rule, take only "the most-most" - those who studied with honors, with him also graduated from the prestigious universities and in the business is professional - almost the entire team consists of Honor and medal winners contests and other competitions. Wages, think appropriate.

Workplace Vlad:

As for Paul Durov ... he at least there :) This is not a fictional character, as many think. While I understand that after all seen, probably, the creator of the project seems to be not less than Count Dracula, making her black affairs in prison on the roof of the castle. I was surprised when I learned that the way it is all much easier - Paul works in the usual office in one of the office floors, along with other members of staff. And in the blue helicopter Paul does not move - much more like Paul to ride the subway, so I understand his desire to remain "in the shadows." So you go on the subway and think to myself, "Of course, like ... but neee, Pavel Durov can not go on the subway, and even one."

Actually, before I met Paul I was serious strict uncle dressed all in black, with that "mere mortals" will not even talk. However, in half an hour, we just do not discuss that! Moreover - he even joined the official group Habrahabr on your site :) I only wish that our audience still continues to discriminate against this social network, because technically they have so many things to share with us. And on many controversial situations certainly would not want to guess, but to listen to the opinion of the immediate supervisor of the project ... But where's this all will be taken, even if Vlad "the principle of" merged karma and make it impossible to answer the questions. Ugly.

So you see the office of Paul in the photo? No? Well, there he is, with the door ajar.

For the CEO has a separate place, but there is now working CTO. In general, until recently, he worked in the next room, which was not even a window. Now in the place made a sort of "museum».

Yes, the staff "VKontakte" so severe that design design elements of the site on the walls:

In the courtyard of the building there is a hall for receptions - the situation is very reminded me of my former work, the CEC. Decorative initials of the company, which built the building - in principle, if the green color in a couple of bricks, you get quite "in vkontaktovski» :)

One floor is a room for sport - fitness equipment, dumbbells, table tennis and insatiable muzzle. Could not keep himself in the hands of a couple of times did not deny himself the pleasure :)

Almost everywhere there is a place where you can sit down - all sofas rather peculiar. In the form of a cow, then, as in the photo, as Pacman:

Almost all the doors attached black metal plate, which was originally nothing written. Appends text the employees themselves, placing magnetic letters in the correct order:

Food - at the expense of the company in any of the places far away from the office. The nearest place where you can dine - on the second floor of the business center, the restaurant "House of Books". Or, alternatively, you can look for something on the floor office - fresh juices, cookies there any fruit ...

Among the employees listed even a girl florist that carefully monitors all plants - when the office has greens, it is always nice.

Apparently, during a tour of the office, I missed something - where did the zebra, I do not remember) I remember as soon as Paul and Vlad decided to get her some fresh air from Nevsky Prospekt: ​​

The comments suggest dream (no mat) on the subject of what he wanted to tell the animal at the moment:

Well, I almost forgot to tell you about the most interesting. In the office the office manager of the project there is a spiral staircase that leads to the roof of the building:

As you may have noticed - the roof of the building on the corner of Nevsky Prospekt and Griboyedov Canal decorated with a huge glass globe. The company "Singer" wanted to show that the worldwide scope of the company, but in fact this was a clever ploy, eliminating the need for a ban on the construction of houses in St. Petersburg before the Winter Palace. Not formally violating the ban on the height restriction of homes, the company has built a sort of skyscraper, markedly above the roofs of the Nevsky Prospekt. Dome of the city center can be seen at a glance:

But you can go even higher - at the "Globe».

From there you can see more, but not so well - just because the cleaners have not yet dared to climb to the top of the career ladder :)

What types just off the roof? Unbelievable!

Who are familiar with the building, certainly knows about one of his flaws - lack of parking spaces for cars. Therefore, some employees prefer to get to work ... on a boat, on the Griboyedov Canal!

Stunning office - as if I was in another world. As far as I know, in the heart of Peter's easy to find something else better and, of course, even rent such premises is worth a lot. But, firstly, the company can afford it, and secondly, it is unlikely rent office in the center was a matter of image and ambitions - most likely it's just the best selection of prospective locations for further development of the project.

Once again reviewed all the photos ... something tells me that not all of the shown above was done "with their hands" - very much time would be needed for such a project. Most likely, such as an office rented out initially, and only some of the later being finished themselves. Whatever it was, the place is almost perfect - in the heart, no one interferes, has a great layout, lots of space and a quiet relaxed atmosphere. This probably wanted to work if not every, many ...)

Author

Tags

See also

New and interesting