Last Wish Rachel Beckwith

In this touching story, I'll tell you about a 9-year-old girl Rachel Beckwith and how her last wish has inspired thousands of people to charity. On his 9th birthday, she did not ask for toys, dolls, a new dress or pair of shoes. Instead, the girl from Seattle wished that her family and friends donated the money the charitable organization Charity Water, which helps people in developing countries survive the shortage of drinking water. Her desire was to raise $ 300 to save 15 people in need of water ...

"12th June 2011 I am 9 years," - she wrote on her page created specifically to raise funds. "I learned that millions of people do not live up to its 5 birthday. And why? Because they do not have access to clean drinking water. So I decided to celebrate his birthday like never before. I ask everyone I know to donate money to my company instead of gifts for my birthday. "

Her desire was to raise $ 300, but she managed to collect only $ 220, which is very upset it. But there was hope that otsalnuyu be able to collect the amount of the next year. Tragically she was not destined to survive until the next birthday. Rachel was the passenger of one of the 15 vehicles involved in a terrible accident. After a few days in the hospital, it was removed from life support machine since injuries were incompatible with life. Only a miracle happened that besides her in this accident no one was killed ...

But with the spread of the news of the girl's death spread, and the story of her last wish. Thousands of people from around the world imbued with the idea to fulfill the last wish the girls and they continued to make donations on her page, making this campaign the largest in the history of the Charity Water

In a relatively short time it has raised over one million dollars, and donations are still kept coming. The collected funds will be enough to save 600,000 people. Rachel was extremely good kid, and always tried to help others - it is twice grow long braids, and then cut off and sacrificed their children with cancer who have undergone chemotherapy. Even after death, she managed to save another life seriously ill child in need of donor organs

I hope this story will touch you, and we all become a little kinder to their fellow men, we will often notice and to listen to the problems of the people around us

Tags

See also

New and interesting