By a happy coincidence (3 photos)

There are true stories that are too real. that is, the brain does not really want to believe in them, and offers once considered for fiction. if such a story to the cinema to meet, I want to say at once - well, enough already coming up, there is no way. but no - there. and, characteristically, it is not that rare.

In 50-60x years in America two nuclear bombs dropped on residential areas. by chance, of course. and the angel, it seems there just next to the keeper flew because no victims. but the chilling stories.

March 11, 1958 B-47E bomber USAF flew on exercises from Savannah, Georgia to England. on board he had a bomb Mark 6, the capacity of 30 kilotons. during the flight the pilot has fixed the problem in the bomb bay and went to check. the problem was in the locking shift bomb (locking pin). I sought his Captain Bruce Kulka, searched and could not find. I decided to jump, look at the bomb from above. being a man short, I was looking for something to hold on to get a better look. He grabbed the emergency lever to drop bombs. [That's true, if in a movie this was, in the comments at the bottom of walking to the trolls and screaming - that does not happen, what a primitive] bomb obeying mechanism, he crashed to the door (so it is called?) Bomb bay, and on top of it I fell brave captain. under the weight of 3 tons, the door opened and could not stand. the captain flew down for the bomb, but miraculously for something to hold on and was able to climb back into the plane. a few seconds later the plane rocked from the blast.

fearfully? Bomb fell on the garden of a residential house and exploded. Fortunately for all, only conventional explosives exploded, creating a crater 10 meters deep and 15 meters wide. before the explosion there was a children's house and garden. a miracle no one was killed and the same miracle has happened nuclear explosion - a bomb carried in a disassembled state and its "nuclear part" remained on the plane.

The second story is not as cinematic, but far more terrible. January 24, 1961 after refueling in the air began to fall apart bomber B-52G. eight members of the crew managed to bail out the five, three were killed. On board were two thermonuclear bombs Mark 39 (3, 8 megatons). one safely lowered to the ground by parachute, but at the second parachute did not work and it is a wild speed crashed into the ground.

When many years later, Robert McNamara was asked how close the time was a bomb to detonate, he said that of the seven stages through which the bomb before the explosion, has been completed and six South Carolina nuclear explosion rescued a miracle

Tags

See also

New and interesting