Munch - ice fishing on carp

Munch - ice fishing on carp - is translated into Russian as "the net". Preparations for the fishing starts in advance, and the process becomes a celebration, which involved almost all the population of the village. The tradition of celebrating the fishery the world has come a long time.

Home nevodby always accompanied by feeding the spirits of the reservoir, a petition from the Bayan (owner of the forest, the patron of hunters and fishermen) successful fishing. In the old days, when Munch held competitions olonkhosuts improvisers (storytellers Yakut heroic epos Olonkho), the young showed prowess in national sports. Now in some areas began to revive forgotten traditions.

Ice fishing carp - it is time-consuming, it requires simultaneous and coordinated the work of many people. At the head of each team (15-20 people) is "senior" - usually older man respected by all, who knows the terrain and expert on Munch. He is acting on intuition, indicates the places where you need to cut a hole in the ice according to the depth and topography of the lake and the presence of algae in it. Each has its own characteristics Ulus fishing, but the essence remains one.

So the first one is prepared to descend the net. Others in this time successfully cut through large polynya "chardaat" on the ground running and pulling the seine to catch. Between them lengthwise on both sides made the hole, which will drag the so-called "wings" (ends) of the seine. They tied ropes with sticks. When a large hole lowered the net, then go under the stick hole, where they caught a wooden hook and let the next. And so to the place of pulling out the "uterus" - the center of the seine.

During the separate brigade of network traffic noise and shouting, knocking on the ice pole, driving the fish to the main hole, where he meets with those who are pulling the net. The two "wing" definitely pulled apart to avoid entanglement network. Often, the net runs into a snag or branches, then it is necessary to pull out and repeat all over again.

Of course, the catch is not always successful. It all depends on the size and topography of the lake and of course the skills of fishermen. In some villages, people are advised to give experienced pond, where time and again took a good catch, "rest" for a year or even more years, so as not to disturb the ecological balance of the lake.

Whatever it was, after carp fishing, even if the bag is always necessarily. And the most successful fishermen can obtain from ten to one hundred bags of choice sobo (Yakut crucian name). But when a large mining Yakuts are not taken too loudly express joy, believed that Bayanay can enraged for evermore.

Incidentally, when before Munch seen as circling crows, or even better a few, it is considered a good omen, they say, the birds know that they will not go without food. But when a woman steps over a network or the unlucky fisherman drops successfully in water, rich fishing do not expect, say experts.

And most importantly, have a firm rule - bestow catch everyone who was present at the largest Munch, regardless of whether the person was involved in fishing or not. This tradition has come from the past, when people, for one reason or another they can not fish (the elderly, the poor, the disabled, single women) came to Munch and watched the process, but after the take home fresh carp.

In Yakutia, as elsewhere in Russia, have their own brands. If the potatoes, make sure Olekminsk or Sinskaya (where it grows best), but if the carp - the Kobyayskiy or Churapchinsky. Go to the market and you will not find, for example, the Ust-Aldan or Nurba carp - all Kobyayskiy! And here's why. Is there a lake, called Nyida (Nij). Locals at all times treated their wet nurses with special reverence. Even the name of the lake do not say out loud, preferring traditional allegory "ebee", which translates as "grandmother" and "Ulakhan ebee" - "a great grandmother." Indeed, the size of the lake is impressive. The length of it - 33 km, width - 8.

Yakut crucian carp - not just fish. In lean years, when all the food, for example, go to the needs of the front, Yakuts saved carp. Bold carp - an excellent source of protein and calcium.

Lake, where you can seines, Yakuts cherish. Typically, in such lakes is prohibited to arrange for watering livestock during spawning is prohibited to drive up the coast on a technique to make noise near the lake.

I'm on a fishing trip in the last time was when I was 10-12 years. For obvious reasons, I was assigned the role of beater - I did my best jump on the lake, banged his stick on the ice and lost his voice. But then I experienced about the same fun as the guys in this photo. Because I for my work gave a half bag of carp!

Now on the market of Yakutsk carp is about 150 rubles per kilogram. At our table, he is at least once a month. Especially tasty turns ear. I can not eat it in liters. And fried is pretty good. And stuffed it! Omnomnom!

Do you like carp? And fishing?

tolstyakov & gt;

Tags

See also

New and interesting