Interesting facts about the first president of Russia (7 photos)

February 1, 1931 in the village of Butka Ural region (now Talitsky district of Sverdlovsk region) was born Boris Yeltsin. Here are some surprising and little-known facts about the youth of the first president of Russia.

mad journey

In his student years, Yeltsin started a crazy journey: penniless set off to travel around the country by train. All property which he took with him - sports pants, sports sneakers, shirt, straw hat and a small bag made of artificial leather, which occasionally fall to Yeltsin kept him on the road supplies edibles. Basically I am riding on the roof of the car or in the vestibule or on a passing truck. Several times the police took off, but always let go. As a result, he had been two months in Kazan, Moscow, Leningrad, Minsk, Kiev, Zaporozhye, Simferopol, Yalta, Yalta, Novorossiysk, Sochi, Sukhumi, Batumi, Rostov-on-Don, Volgograd, Saratov, Kuibyshev, Zlatoust and Chelyabinsk .

12 construction specialties

Once, after the institute Yeltsin was asked to become a master in the construction of industrial facilities. But he deliberately refuse it, he said that immediately lead people, "do not touch everything with his hands," - this is a big mistake. It is, to begin with, decided that for the year master 12 construction specialties - each month one. As a result, he received a discharge in the trades bricklayer, mason, carpenter, joiner, glazier, plasterer, painter, learned to drive a dump truck, control tower crane.

Railroad crossing

In his youth, Yeltsin stuck on the truck at a railway crossing, nearly knocked the train. Here's how he describes the incident in his book, "Confessions on a given topic": "I was taking concrete (human I did not yet exist) and" VMS "which thousands three hundred have already passed - stalled precisely at the crossing railway . I hear: There is a train, and on a good run. The move was unguarded, free. The train is about to jump and had to smash to smithereens and the car, and I was with her. Then I luckily remembered the starter. When the starter is turned on, the machine as it twitches. And here are a few of literally feverish jerks, and the train has already delivers signals begin to squeal, squeak brakes, but I feel that he did not slow down, he was coming at me with all its huge mass. And all the time I turn on the starter, pull, pull the car and it a few centimeters off the rails, and the train, a little bit not hitting, swept past ».

The error, which has become a dream

On another occasion, Boris nearly derailed a huge tower crane. He then worked as a machinist on it, and leaving after the change, forgot to fix his tracks. At night, he broke wind and the crane began to move slowly. Waking up in the night, Yeltsin thought of his error, ran into the street in what was (and his wife lived far away from the building), has quietly rushed to move under the pressure of the crane elements. He climbed the ladder of a moving crane into the dark cabin, frantically trying to figure out what to do. First, the boom took off the brake, it did not work to sail, then let the crane at full speed in the opposite direction against the wind. As a result, all ended well: the crane stopped a few centimeters before the end of routes. Then Yeltsin dreamed of for a long time as he climbs up the crane and falls with it.

"Get out!»

When the next president still became a foreman at a construction site, it nearly killed with an ax hardened prisoner, whose team worked Yeltsin subordinate. The fact is that when they came to the new post, Boris decided to "break with tradition" and not to pay the cons more than they actually earned. In the end, of course, the employees were dissatisfied. Their leader went to talk to the new chief. With an ax. "And here comes to me in a small room master, a thug with an ax in his hand, lifts it, pushes me and says:" close your clothes up as expected? How to find your puppy, always closed? "I say," No ". "Well, then, keep in mind, your profits, and piknesh." I felt the eyes, he quietly grohnet me on the head, did not even blink, "- later recalled Yeltsin. Neither dodge or disarm the enemy, he could not: it was too little space. Then he looked straight into the eyes of thugs and the forces that were in his voice, growled: "Get out!". He was taken aback, dropped the ax, he dropped his hands and went out of the little room in silence.

Outwit "Capital»

When Yeltsin took the party, a member of the Party Committee and concurrently chief accountant of the trust, which at that time Boris worked as a chief engineer and asked him a tricky question: what page and what volume of "Capital" Karl Marx said about the commodity-money relations ? Yeltsin did, of course, could not know, but he knew something else: the chief accountant never opened "Capital". Then he said, without batting an eye, said, "Volume One, page 387." Effaced opponent, found no other answer, except to praise enterprising colleague for a good knowledge of the works of the leader of the international proletariat. So Yeltsin took the party.

Tags

See also

New and interesting