Get rid of scratches on the disc with his own hands (9 photos)

If your drive your car there, and chips and scratches are you so difficult, you can restore it on their own! And a budget!

What we need:
1) chipped discs
2) two-component epoxy paste, its color is not so important.
But remember, if you paste red / green / gray, through the paint likely enlighten, need a primer (the same primer).
I have a white epoxy done without soil.
3) skin with an index of grain 300-400. And it does not interfere with an index of 600 more, smaller.
4) masking tape, provided that this does not remove the rubber from the disc.
5) proper spray-paint and varnish. Spray Einszett Silber, color is very close to the factory.
You can also use silver spray Wurth. In this case, I paint from Wurth. But if there is any difficulty in the selection of color, then it is better to appeal to colorists - they pick up.

Sandpaper (300-400) we clean scratches, remove the bumps.

Paste ribbon rubber

Take epoxy paste, mix A and B in equal proportions, put on irregularities, carefully remove any excess paste.

Allowed to dry (the longer the better) I put the wheel for a few hours under the lights. Firstly, because the epoxy dries quickly, and secondly better grab.

He was fascinated by the work of the next stage and missed photographing =) In general grind fine sandpaper dried epoxy, alignment must be going smoothly, including the touch, without flaws.
Then paint. I already have some experience in the painting of a spray. Once I engaged in automotive styling. Balon shaken well, paint from a distance of 20-30cm, soft thin layers to avoid spillovers and noticeable transitions. Layer 2-3 is enough. Between each layer drying for about 30 minutes before painting it is desirable to humidify the room that did not get dust on the freshly painted surface.

As the paint dries - varnish. Enough of 2 layers of varnish, with drying for half an hour. Then you can also put the wheels under the lamp for a few hours.
After the final drying of the layers take very fine sandpaper with water and gently passes through places that are varnished to smooth the surface. You can also polish the disc that was all one piece and beautiful :)
That's all.

Source: forum.colesa.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting