Why can not forget that wildlife -dikaya ..

In 1993, while studying the management of wildlife populations in Alaska, I noticed a colorful guy with us to attend the lectures of Professor Klein.
It was a spectacular tall man Oriental type, wearing long hair and a thick beard. "The famous photographer - whispered my friend Lorna - Michio Hoshino, writer, lives with the Indians in animals. Not afraid of anything! »
Pictures taken Michio really impressed. These were fights and bear with each other, and the pursuit of bears for ground squirrels, and playing with cubs on the snow. For some parts of the background, I realized that these images are made from a very close distance.
Later, when we Michio once dined together, I asked him - Michio, and you're not afraid of bears?
I? - He laughed. - Yes, I always try to come closer to them!
August 8, 1996 Michio Hoshino was killed by a bear in the Kronotsky Reserve in Kamchatka.

Timothy Treadwell was a professional photographer, creator of society "People-Grizzly", the author of several excellent albums and video projects. Engaged in "bear journalism" more than 10 years. Enjoyed the highest reputation among photojournalists and environmentalists, many considered him a leading authority on photographing bears in North America. Each year, he spent two or three months in the photo expedition in Alaska and Canada.
Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend Amy Hyudzhenard were killed by brown bear at Katmai Peninsula, Alaska, Oct. 6, 2003.

In 1994, I met with Vitaly Nikolaenko. It was a tough little man alive, not to part with a video camera and all are striking in their expression. Photos of brown bears, made them in Kamchatka (and there he lived - right in the very Valley of Geysers) hit more. Especially those he made early in his photographic career - widescreen black and white pictures. Something about them was that ... And something else.
Vitaly - cautiously I asked him - and you're not afraid of bears?
What do you mean! I'm with these bears, consider, grew up! Then, you can almost always see in the eyes of the beast, that he planned, he will run from you, or did not pay attention ... Or conversely, interested. It can be said, the skin feel.
Vitaly Nikolaenko was killed by a bear during a shooting in December 2003.

Over the period since 1993 when shooting bears in the wild killed 12 professional photographers or persons accompanying them. This is - more than were killed during the shooting of tigers, leopards, lions and sharks together. © Michael Kretzschmar

Tags

See also

New and interesting