40 facts about Malaysia

Russian woman tells about the features of Malaysia.

1. The political system of Malaysia - a federal constitutional monarchy.

2. The territory is divided into 13 states.

3. Fly will have a change in Moscow, Dubai and Kuala Lumpur. And, of CR - has local airlines on a small airplane.

4. The visa obtained at the airport on arrival, and given 30 days.

5. For the use and possession of drugs - the death penalty (but if you behave yourself, maybe get off a prison term of 20 years).

6. The climate is very humid. If you dare to go to the office by bicycle or, even worse, to walk, my advice to you - take a spare shirt. The one that was on you while walking to the office, is guaranteed to be wet in the first 10-15 minutes of your stay in the street.

7. The motion of the left hand side.

8. Transport mainly locally produced (Proton), since imported to the island imported cars are subject to a brutal tax.

9. It is a multinational country: the local population - only 50%, the rest - Chinese, Indians, Filipinos and many more whom.

10. Religions as nationalities, too much, but most still - Islam.

11 restaurants with cuisine from different countries - a lot. Really liked the Chinese and Indian. In the Indian restaurant at the sight of our European face did not even ask about the intensity of the spices - just make the minimum =)

12. Most of the population are fluent in English, especially young people.

13. People on the streets are very good-natured and smiling. The first couple of days, people suspected that they of me needs something, then nothing, let go - start to shake and smile in response. However, on his return to Russia at me for a long time suspicious glances.

14. If you are away from the tourist area, do not be surprised if you suit asking to be photographed with you. Feel like a celebrity =)

15. Flora and fauna - wild. It grows everything and everywhere, and nehily sizes.

16. If your home is something growing in a flower pot, multiply it by at least 10 and get about the scale of the local vegetation.

17. Animals and insects - it's a different story altogether. Cockroaches and their various relatives sometimes accompanied us hostile look.

18. One day, a colleague stumbled in the darkness of the beetle ... We did not understand who was screaming loudly - my colleague hurt or beetle.

19. Sea darkness of various living creatures who are not averse to try on your taste.

20. jellyfish stings to the local population - the same as that for us nettle. Fight with jellyfish do not advise, they still steeper and more. I myself tried to - well, that colleague to the hospital managed to drop off.

21. Later revenge jellyfish, eating them in a salad. By the way - and a lot of fresh seafood, and a very low price.

22. Bathing Aborigines do not honored (probably in the sea something terrible jellyfish usual, which I have not yet met). Pool can be found only in hotels with more stars, or in the private homes of the very rich.

23. There are very fond of air conditioners! In Russia we are accustomed to warm up, going into the room, then Malaysia is the opposite.

24. The local population does not dance at all, just visiting. For example, When the wolf Roma Jazz Festival, we naturally went to dance, much to amuse the audience.

25. As it turned out, in practice, strong drink in this hot and humid climate is better not to abuse it. In the morning you will understand ...

26. On the island there are several karst caves with lots of bats in them. First you hear the sound, then smell, and then see the cave itself.

27. In the jungle humidity felt even worse than in the city. Similarly, you can walk a couple of hours at the greenhouse. Clothes before going can never dry because it is useless.

28. In the jungle urge to look down, there may be still on hand a scorpion, snake or red ants.

29. If you are found in the jungle something very edible to look at, but you do not personally familiar - to start rub the juice of something in the skin and wait about 15-20 minutes. If the redness and inflammation does not appear, you can take a chance to eat it.

30. Wild monkey in the jungle unfriendly. You run the risk of suddenly becoming bitten.

31. On the island live some strange animals. For example, miniature bear, which eats bananas (Sunny bear).

32. Or completely obscure animal, translated to English, cat-bear (Bear-cat) - with a sight of the explosive mix of the two animals. To go near the cage do not advise, it is very loud scream (even monkeys nervously smoking in aside).

33. There is a funny bird (I do not remember the name, like our starling-age), which mimics the wonderful sounds of human speech. Especially he loves and understands English (bad words, too). Russian refused to say bad words =)

34. In the local rivers do not advise swimming. They are dirty and there live crocodiles.

35. Around Borneo a lot of small and scenic islands.

36. At one of these islands have an attraction - walking on the sea bed (sea-walking). On the shoulders worn with a kind of canopy to supply oxygen and a weight of 35 kg. With a floating platform down the stairs 5 meters down, and voila - with 35 kg of you, slowly, hanging around on the seabed and communicate with the local flora and fauna. I recommend!

37. In the 30-minute trip to a wonderful island of Labuan. The entire island - it is a huge industrial area of ​​different suppliers of the oil industry. Half of the island's population - Crew employees of these companies, and another half - Filipino girl of easy virtue.

38. And there obscenely cheap alcohol as the island is a free trade zone.

39. Labuan as a Navy base.

40. In the jungles of Borneo growing so-called tree of a walking (walking tree). The roots of this tree begins to grow from the middle of the trunk. In search of water the roots of slow-moving underground. After a year, you can find a tree a few meters from his previous "residence" (if ever find).

Tags

See also

New and interesting