Bahai Gardens. Walk through Haifa (48 photos)

One blogger described his journey to the Bahai Gardens. Very interesting and informative.

Coming from an average of gardens, where the tomb, we, to his delight, saw the bus, plying on the route from the middle to the upper level. It was very convenient and cheap, and off we went. Oh, I almost forgot - for those who go to the Bahai Gardens without a tour, we must remember that the tomb open to the public only until 12.00, and with it closed and the best piece of mid-level, so that is accessible only not big and not the best segment - keep this in mind and do not be late. And remember - to enter directly into the tomb - a modest view - closed shoulders, mini skirt is not. No special severities - your knees, elbows and hats do not matter - but I repeat - closed shoulders and mini (pro men's shorts do not know). I had shoulder wrap jacket daughter. Well, he said - and now gone further. Coming up, we first went to look around the neighborhood (and eat at the same time). Right above the entrance to the gardens have a mound, famous for two things. First - it is here that began its journey to the Holy Land with his wife, the Kaiser of Germany - Wilhelm II. This marked a commemorative stele.

In addition, September 23, 1918, during the First World War, British General Allenby, who was named in honor of the many places and streets in Israel captured the Turkish battery is here - the last stronghold of the Ottoman Empire on this earth, thereby ending the 403-year-old the period of Turkish rule. Of course, this gun, cast in the mid-19th century, it is unlikely then shot here - but it looks nice.

Top views

Sightseeing at 13.00 we still missed the moment, because walked up to 14.00 (or rather to 13.45 - should come a little earlier) and went down. Like everywhere else, we read a mini-lecture - do not smoke, do not litter, do not chew the cud, or silence in mobile, not screaming and so on - is spoken on every input. Tours are free, spend every day with regularity 30-60 minutes - depending on the day. Most of the tours in Hebrew - some - in English and Russian. Russian tour there on Tuesdays and Saturdays - find out exactly on the site of the Baha'i Gardens - look at Google.

This upper part of the gardens finished only in 2001 - the money is collected only the Baha'is without taking anything from others. Each year the Baha'i donates monthly salary - not so much - in many churches accepted the biblical tithe - 10%, representing a year more money than 112 Bahá'ís.

Who watched the video, hear what I said. And I said that in the gardens employs about 800 people - Baha'is from around the world who come here for a year or two. In Israel, there is no official Baha'i community - the contract, which was signed by the Baha'i since Ben-Gurion - the first Prime Minister of Israel, they do not lead to Israel missionary work - we do according to the law can not lead anyone any missionary activity - although the law in real life little respected and one for violation do not condemn - but it is. Here Baha'is are not officially and do not have a community here - though surely someone joins a peaceful and attractive religion.

This is our guide

At the end of the path we were again at the secondary level, where the tomb. If you are out on a tour early, it is very convenient to start from the top, but we would not have time before the closing of the tomb of the surroundings, because if the top do not have time to 10.00-10.30 - it is better to make a circle, but do everything. We got a little tired, but happy. By the way, as you may remember from the video - the wife thought the steps - they turned out to be 607. Then we caught a taxi and went to Stella Maris - watch the Carmelite Monastery and ride a cable car - but this - in the next episode - Do not change - you did so on the right channel.

Source: grimnir74.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting