About coffee for ordinary people

Coffee - Oh, the drink of the gods ...

And to be honest - pretty disgusting taste slops for anyone who has tried it first. Similarly as cigarettes or alcohol.

But there is one big "but" - caffeine. The coffee there is kofeinchik that now that the age makes people look for excuses for his addiction to coffee appeal to his miraculous taste, smell, and often even his terrible health benefits.
Coffee - the perfect item to immense market podsevshih consumers. And legally!
In fairness, depending not fatal and is quite safe, and certainly better than smoking or thump. So, let's talk about coffee.

Coffee - a bush. Any kind of coffee - Arabica and Robusta.
Until the early 20th century on the Robusta and not heard. Yes, and that there was hear anything. Even if Arabica taste stuff, the Robusta worse. But vile sore in the late 19th century practically destroyed all Arabica bushes in Java, the Middle East and Africa. So I had to find a replacement and found it - Robusta. The taste of rubbish, but it begins to bear fruit for 2 years, the infection does not take it, and the yield of almost two times higher than Arabica. So it goes. But harmful consumer, accustomed to good, well, did not want to drink it, and the business is still afraid of God or something ... Anyway, the first half of the 20th century Robusta trailed in the wake of its more fortunate sisters Arabica.

Let's talk about Arabica.
Arabica in Latin America was lucky. Contagion to it almost got here and she thrives on the pole up, or rather, from the tropics to the tropics.
But Arabica Arabica - discord. Best Arabica - is the one that grows well even at kilometer altitude above sea level, so, my dear readers, the best coffee is not Brazilian, because just look at the map that would make sure that the mountains Brazil is not rich. < br />
Brazil gives a good, suitable coffee. But no more than that ...
For good coffee to go into the mountains. We look back on the map and what do we see? Correct, Colombia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Peru, and in Africa - Kenya, even, say, a very good coffee can be obtained from the Papuans, they did even one time cultivated, but when prices again fell, they bushes were cut down, the planters allowed in consumption and to take a more noble occupation -voynoy.
So if you want a really good coffee - look Colombian or Kenyan. There is an awesome variety of Guatemalan - but I think it in a nearby supermarket not sell.
If you live in a wilderness that it even Colombian coffee does not get it, take the Brazilian, preferably packed in Germany or England, because Arabica is not only the first grade, and I have information that our undemanding market bought stuff such as Santos, fifth-grade commercials. But often a simple African Rubustu.

About instant coffee.
There are two ways to make instant coffee.
First - vymorozki (on the banks herachat "sublimation" - this method is easy to recognize - and expensive coffee in these pretty, right, delicious crystallites.
Another way - older - "vysushki».
So, the most expensive frozen coffee, barely barely falls short of the 4 varieties of Arabica. C'est la vie.
But convenient time and ready. So you choose. Not bad, but we need to bother with grains, coffee, or simply "add water". And what actually a difference, you need caffeine, does it matter that there slurp.
Manufacturer, of course, not a fool, and he knows the value of his momentary coffee, so that almost all instant coffee - Robusta is with minor additions shitty Arabica. But you can proudly write «blend».
And if on the occasion of the party at the Nestle stray foul Arabica and they are putting it on the instant coffee - not even hesitate, they point out huge letters and you will tear off with two skins.

And a little bit of history. Oh so historically, that our open spaces are always drinking more tea. But the corrupting influence of the West has come to the Soviet Union in 1972, 60 years after America, our industry was honored at last, will release its first instant coffee.
Since coffee even Lysenko make us grow could not, and pay the currency it was a pity party for the masses bought saaaaamy cheap Brazilian coffee, and when a wave of "independence" in Africa, then switched mainly in African and Indian Robusta.
So you can imagine the level of coffee kulutury our open spaces - all that a bit better barley been considered coffee. There was a case that Latinos have sent coffee together one kind of local acorns - Nitsche, drank.

Yes, sir, I'll probably make myself some coffee.

Tags

See also

New and interesting