Vladimir Potanin offspring deprived of inheritance

head of holding "Interros" Vladimir Potanin's going to transfer all of his fortune to charity, leaving their children without inheritance. "I will not have heirs. My capital should work for the good of society and used for public purposes, "- said Potanin in an interview with Financial Times. "My children are growing up, their father - billionaire and well-known man. They remain in my shadow. And secondly, what they will have the motivation to achieve something in life itself? In this sense, it seems to me a very good step to convey the state for the good of society, and not inherited. I'm going to follow the example of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, "- he explained his decision as a businessman. The annual cost of a charitable foundation in the next ten years Potanin will increase from $ 10 million to $ 25 million. He then established a new fund, which will manage his fortune to charity. Today Potanin Foundation is the sponsor of the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, and also provides students with grants and scholarships worth millions of dollars.

Tags

See also

New and interesting