Philippe Starck told about Steve Jobs yacht «Venus»

iconic designer Philippe Starck presented the work of the yacht Steve Jobs «Venus». According to Stark, Apple founder completely trusted his aesthetic sensibilities, not limited by any boundaries. "He just asked me the size, called the number of passengers, and on the opening over, - said the designer. - At our very first meeting really did not have time to talk, so I just told him - I will design for yourself. Steve said that for him it's perfect. " Steve Jobs got into the final stage of the project, and then fully revealed his desire for perfectionism. Due to the finishing details, design and construction of the yacht took five years. The vessel was "the epitome of the absolute minimum in virtually everything," but Jobs himself was not destined to enjoy the completed project. "Inside there is nothing superfluous, no extra pillows, no unnecessary details - Stark continues. - In this sense, "Venus" was the exact opposite of the other yachts in which all open display. No trends, no aesthetics, no expression - the project was laid philosophical approach: we needed at least all or even less. That was awesome. After finishing the project we do to improve it. Licking. We have repeatedly returned to the same stuff, until it turned into a perfection, so that the final result was a perfect example of our shared philosophy. "

Tags

See also

New and interesting