Vladimir Potanin will donate his fortune

Vladimir Potanin became the first Russian and one of the first billionaires from the United States who have joined the community Giving Pledge - a charity campaign organized by the richest people on the planet. Fund co-founder Warren Buffett, welcoming new members of the organization, said that they will promote the movement of philanthropists in their own countries. "The Giving Pledge" brought 12 newcomers from all over the world, including Briton Richard Branson, the Ukrainian Viktor Pinchuk (founder and owner of the investment and consulting group EastOne) and Russian Vladimir Potanin (the founder of the "Interros" and General Director of MMC "Norilsk Nickel"). "I sincerely believe that wealth should work for the benefit of society. The decision that I made - this is not an attempt to become famous as a philanthropist. In this way, I also try to protect their children from the burden of excessive wealth - immodestly said Potanin - which could deprive them of their own motivation to achieve something in life. " Potanin was in the company of Michael Bloomberg, Mark Zuckerberg, George Lucas, David Rockefeller and others. The businessman, according to yesterday's list of the magazine CEO, is the ninth richest man in Russia. Giving Pledge Program was founded in 2010 by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, to "coerce the richest people and their families to donate most of the states on philanthropy." Which brought swore to give to charity at least half of its capital.

Tags

See also

New and interesting