Visiting Ukrainian highlanders

Hutsuly - ethnic group of Ukrainians who live in Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi and Transcarpathian region of Ukraine. Gutsuliya always admired researchers from around the world, because they are the main feature of this hard work, all of nature and amazing hospitality. I suggest you go visiting Ukrainian highlanders and get to know their views on the world and deep traditions. Not much is left in Ukraine places where the appearance of a stranger is a great event for locals and people without fear and doubt allowed home strangers who knocked him to the gate. And not just allowed, and show all the best fed to satiety and name come again! One of these paradises is in Putyla district Chernivtsi region - a mountainous region inhabited by Ukrainian Hutsul mountaineers.

This is not Bukovel and Dragobrat where hutsuly "spoiled" by mass tourism and extort money for all-all-all. Locals living in remote hamlets scattered over the hills, outsiders rarely see. Nowhere to take strangers here - the land sandwiched between the mountains and the Romanian border, outsiders do not go here. Is that rare tourists arrive in eco-friendly hotel "Quiet Farm" and go for a walk around the neighborhood, taking pictures of unprecedented beauty.

And so we went in search of the church, located on one of the peaks are very distant from the site of our habitat, and on the way back decided to go on a visit to the local population, the hospitality of which were heard from the hotel staff, mainly natives of this area. < br />  - Hello! And do not tell me how to get to the road? - We asked, going to the farm, located on our way. We have made a detour to her to get in touch with the locals.

- Yes, right across our yard walk, and then the road. - Responsible hostess and let the gate.
 - What is your home beautiful! - I say, looking at the big wooden house is clearly age. - You can take a picture?
 - What is there to watch? Cottage 100 years! - Blankly shrugged Gutsulka.

Hearing other people's voices, he ran the landlord.

He introduced himself as a seed, immediately pulled me into the house and began to show his simple belongings.
 - This is my wife, she embroidered. - Simon shows ornamented pillows. - It is very fond of them.

And I, you know, what is? - Keep it and immediately answers: - I'll get dressed! You'll see!
Semen is approached me later and Sergei Dima in the next room, and he runs away:
 - Wait here! I will in a minute!
Simple life in the living room. In case of contact with the cold to a warm house lens fogged up, so that the pictures - with effects.

Family photo archive.

It comes in a parade - Male ethnic costume, which combines an embroidered shirt, vest, hat, belt and white pants.

"Ere far from the Carpathian Mountains, there de faynі beeches,
Usі mєsniї Gutsuliya walking in bіlih pants "- I remember a song Chernivtsi group" Hutsul Calypso ", which is sung just about these parts.

Off in front of us in a smart suit, Simon goes to dress, and throws before:
 - Who will feed you!
Just a couple of minutes later he comes back and starts to melt furnace.

We do not have time to recover, and we have already dragged into the yard to show animals. Agriculture here a lot - a lot of wooden buildings. Here you and a house and a summer kitchen and a shed and barn, and what other strange structures.

- Fifteen acres of land. A Little! - Simon Says.
His wife leads us in turn to different doors, where we see that the lambs, the calves, the chickens.

Pig, too, where the same without a pig?

Dog, judging by the stories mistress loves to joke bite pig for a nickel, but that for some reason this does not tolerate very nervous when approaching dog.

- Take a picture of me with the lambs! - Asks the mistress.

- And why only you? I want to! - Interferes with her husband.

- Come summer! We've got so many mushrooms! On one field can be two large bags dial. - Simon Says, covering our table. - Be sure to come, it's so beautiful in the summer!
 - And at first I thought you were some bandits. You just do not get me wrong, I'm just telling the truth to people. - Suddenly, says the hostess (unfortunately, did not ask the name once, and then it was uncomfortable to learn). - I read that in Chernivtsi robbers killed a woman and took her retirement. And I see some people go, I thought, would kill.
 - How are things in Kiev? Until then Yanukovych brought our patient people! Before the uprising! Did not get drunk! - Due host.
 - And all you do is shoot. We were on the TV show? We have won a TV, it would be good to see yourself there. - This is his wife.
 - I only shop for cigarettes and coffee go. Everything else - his own! - Shows Off Semen.
At this time the table is growing mountain of food intended for us.
 - My mother always said, will guest, the last piece of bread to give him. All will return a hundredfold. - Says the hostess as we tuck into beans with meat, mushrooms, Palyanitsa, guslyanku and eggs cooked us a welcoming hutsuls.

- I myself briskly (another mountain subethnos Ukrainian people) from Berehomet. But thirty years live here, so guzul.
Events unfold rapidly. We ate, chatted a bit on a mixture of Ukrainian and Hutsul barely comprehensible to us, and that we are led to the grazing sheep near his home. Happy arrival of unexpected guests show hosts all be proud of. Our business - to fix what he saw and tell others.

Finally, I write down the address of the owners of the estate, and I promise to send photos.
 - Be sure to come in the summer for mushrooms! - Screams after us Semen.
Way home

Source: sicheslavets.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting