Riots in Kiev

Revolution in Kiev is developing at full speed. On Grushevskogo the confrontation of protesters and police officers. The author came to Kiev to see what is really going on here. And even though this topic is the unrest in Ukraine, many people got thoroughly, with photos of the reportage have turned out very beautiful and spectacular.

Usually, journalists try to answer the question of "who and what came to the square." Depending on the media political bias, the answer is different. Here you and "Nazis, who came to hang Muscovites" and "bums with the unemployed who have nothing to do" and "provocateurs for gosdepovskuyu salary." In fact, there is no response. People came out completely different. Remember a couple of years in Moscow appeared in the media the term "angry citizens". Then you and the football fans, pensioners and office plankton. And they stand together. Grandma, God dandelion, pours for the nationalists by a Molotov cocktail bottle, and the manager of a large company brings ammunition student. And now it seems to me these people do not have any clear plan, no idea what to do next. Of course, each individual has a plan to "save Ukraine". In some it is "necessary here Kalash bring 2 boxes and grenades, we quickly put things in order," the others "have to ask for help from the international community and the United Nations to send troops." Some general ideas of what to do next, ideas, able to unite and lead people in one direction on the Maidan today no one else.

Clearly, only one - the people came out against Yanukovych.
On burning barricades came hundreds of people to throw out the accumulated over the years, anger and resentment. During the chaos cops for unfair trials, for corruption, for the "golden toilet" for stupidity and venality of officials. Suitable grandfather, 80 years old, the young guys in masks and asks them a Molotov cocktail. They told him:
 - Father, you're not dokinesh it!
 - I give you one, I will show that cattle that with me so you can not
Unfortunately, the Ukrainians had no luck with the opposition. The crowd on the street no one controls. Klitschko & Co yesterday met with Yanukovych. Came then the people started to say something, but he does not believe anyone. And no one is ready for them to go. Most people completely politicized. They went out to kick ass Yanukovych and his team. Everyone has their own vision of the future and claims.
And on the streets of Kiev today are real street fights. Unfortunately, Jankovic far, so Berkut and soldiers of internal troops have to play the role of the very ass Yanukovych. Painting in Kievve terrible. Black smoke, burning barricades and constant explosions. Berkut torn stun grenades, tear fireworks demonstrators. Both sides are shooting at each other and already have the first corpses (from 2 to 5 according to various sources).
Let's go to the barricades?

I took a room at the Dnipro, it is the center, on the European Square. I went to the main entrance, and all doors are closed, the light is off. Under the canopy crowd guys in helmets and protection, "the Wellcome Kiev, mister!" - They confuse me with the foreign tourists. Everyone laughs. It turns out the hotel entrance is now through a nearby bar. The guard opens the door and the dark corridors leads me in the lobby. The light is turned off, so as not to attract attention. Still, the hotel is located is now almost at the front line.
European area. When just beginning, there was a scene and policies of non-stop broadcast their clever ideas about the future of Ukraine. Now, the policy shifted to the Maidan and the European area became the rear of the revolution. These machines come with a meal, driving up old tires for campfires, firewood, medicines and reinforcements.

Hrushevsky street. It was built the first barricade. Protection for it does not pass strangers. Go can either press or activists ready to fight with eagles, or volunteers. All the onlookers are left on the approaches that do not interfere with work.

This is the main burning barricade near the Dinamo stadium 100 meters from the first. It consists of hundreds of burning tires, which are dumped here from all over the city. The demonstrators were very lucky with the wind, it blows black smoke right on the Berkut troops and internal security forces, who are behind the fire. Smoke can not see anything and both sides are working blind.

This hill heap of onlookers watching the battle. The battle is already the fourth day day.

Activists run up to the shield and throw stones. No one sees the enemy, but all know how far Berkut can dokinut grenades. Closer certain line nobody comes without sheets. Grenade throwing stun and tear gas. Harm from these grenades seasoned demonstrators no. The main thing that you are not in a grenade hit and exploded in the immediate vicinity, while kantuzit.

Constantly throws up new tires to the fire. Smokescreen must be tight! At some point, the hill eagle tries powerful searchlight probe position maydanovtsev.

On the battlefield, there are special people who follow the location of enemy forces. A man in a gas mask and a shield always tell you where it is safe, "Stop, behind a pillar traits shoots beyond this line does not come in! Now we'll smoke him out! »

Scouts are constantly updating the information on the location of the enemy and coordinate activists who throw stones and bottles with Molotov cocktails.

Interior Ministry forces involved and sent to several demonstrators hydrants. Surprisingly, the water was not much afraid. This scout climbs to the balcony to see what was behind the smokescreen. Then wet people are dried by the fires. And many go and wet. Here kakya incredible atmosphere on the one hand feeling very tired brought people from the other side and wait for the euphoria of victory. In such a situation on the wet clothes, no one pays attention. Only volunteers, physicians require at sodden go bask to avoid frostbite.

Activists Molotava with cocktails on the front.

The Berkut periodically throw fireworks. Then the whole area blooms with bright colors, and people shout "hurray".

Somewhere hundreds Berkut fighters are preparing for another assault. Sturm is always a surprise and fear. Berkut morning has shown that it can, if desired, to disperse all of 5 minutes. Why he does not - a separate issue.

To replace broken and captured catapult-1, came Catapult 2. In fact, it is a big slingshot, but to maintain continuity, her name is "Catapult 2».

Engineering marvel! Catapult 2 passed quickly and run-technical tests and entered the armed rebels) Crew catapult 2 - 6 people. 3 people pulled gum with a projectile, 2 person holding the design itself, another brings charges and ammunition.

Rabotet miracle machine well, but slowly. Shells fly away into the darkness, but to recharge takes about 2-3 minutes.

Near the doorway to prepare Molotov cocktails. In fact, almost all bottles clean kerosene or gasoline, the technology for a long time no one observes, no. Empty glass bottles bigger deficit.

I look at the children, and all drink Pepsi. I still think, why in the cold to drink this stuff? It turns the bottle over, while others brought several boxes of soda. Do not pour well, had all drink together. Generally, in the course already underway even glass jars of baby food. All glass containers flies to the police. Dressing at the forefront of the activists involved in "the right sector," but in the rear of the bottle fill with ordinary grandmother and cute girl. Those kogogo guards will not let the first barricade the front.

With a bottle there is a problem. The mixture inside the liquid and not dense as in the original recipe "Molotov cocktail" and the wick is a simple cloth. During part of the cast of gasoline is poured and sets fire to the thrower. It is, of course, quickly extinguish, but it is still very inefficient work. Almost 50% of bottled drinks, before reaching the target.

Gawker on the hill than they can help. Can they lasers to blind soldiers Berkut. At some point, the police managed to climb the colonnade entrance to Dynamo stadium and top maydanovtsev began to throw Molotov cocktails and grenades with gas. Lasers or trying to get into the eyes Berkut, or grope in the darkness of snipers on rooftops. About snipers here constantly rumored. No confirmed the existence of snipers yet.

Volunteer at the front distributes dry waterproof shoes.

Girl with a canister of tea coming to an activist on the front and watered it. Someone has sandwiches, some dry clothes.

Behind the barricade lit bonfires, where dry wet and warmed frozen.

On the way back I see a group of people who are trying to open the hatch. I asked why the hatch open? "We want to cut off the water to water the eagle stopped us out of the hydrant!" ... Luke does not open, then the government quarter, and all hatches are securely closed from the inside. Then the hatch started to break a sledgehammer. I tried to explain that it is useless, but I have not heard. Luke, by the way, and could not open the hydrants and still poured cold water on the demonstrators.

Source: zyalt.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting