A place to relax

In his blog, I rarely tell about hotels and hotels in which I live. The atmosphere of the country is easier to feel on the street, in the environment and humans. But complex Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, located 160 kilometers from Cape Town, I was touched. It has a simple but elegant design, fitting perfectly into the natural landscape of the area. Tour of the palace of his in my new post.

Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a 10-minute drive from Gansbaya, which is considered the unofficial world capital of great white sharks.

The reserve - 1,000 hectares. The complex comprises 27 houses and consists of two small villages, which are located on opposite sides of the hill. The advantage of Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is that it neatly inscribed in the ecosystem. In Russia, the construction often destroys all green. Come graders, dub land ... And after, the owners are planted next to the tree and think about green lawns. South Africans are more concerned about their nature.

Low rise buildings with large panoramic windows. Summer terrace tourists picnics. Barbequing on the grill, drink lemonade or beer. We were in South Africa when there was early spring so the weather we were not lucky. Some days were heavy rains, so on the terraces we dined.

Panorama Bay Walker. In the picture of the sea line, you can see silhouettes of sand dunes. Romantics and lovers of wildlife fly over the bay on a plane to see the famous southern right whales.

Office building with reception, lobby bar and restaurant. The pleasant interior with lots of stone and brown wood. Vacationing in this room is very comfortable.

Russian architects rarely use the reception with panoramic windows in the design of houses. Perhaps this is due to severe weather conditions and the high cost of perhaps the habit of compatriots to the panel building. In addition, because of the surrounding grayness people prefer to close the window curtains.

The Grootbos Private Nature Reserve does not want to do that. The views outside the window is really dazzling.
At the entrance to the room is a small kitchen. Guests can make tea or coffee.

Not dressing room, and heaven. Especially for fashionistas, which even on a trip to Africa, taking with him a pile of clothes. I was with one suitcase and travel bag place was obviously too much.

The spacious four-poster bed, which is not part of the decor, and real protection from insects. In the corner of the boudoir. Again, the ladies will appreciate :-)

On the terrace can be accessed from the living room or bedroom. It offers a beautiful view. By the way, the name of Grootbos, I believe, means "big forest". The age of some trees in it more than a thousand years.

Big bathroom. Its interior combines well with the design of all rooms.

We, Russian, used to huddle in small baths. This spacious room, I confess, at first was getting a little uncomfortable.

Double sinks, separate corners with toilet and shower, dressing bench, several large mirrors. The popular internet characters Viktor Goncharenko could sing about it: "There she is, there she is my dream bathroom, here it is, here it is ...».

Always drawn to arrange a breakfast on the terrace, but the rain "hooligans" and did not allow.

Initially, I had to settle with a colleague Dima Cherkasov, but want a place of solitude and tranquility. So we asked to settle our individual homes. Because of what the next day I had to change the roof over your head. The administration of the complex, apologizing, offered Me to move to a house on the other side of the hill. I like everything new, so I agreed.

On the frame is visible winding path leading to the building. Around the forest. By the way, in the nature reserve Grootbos, according to official data, 740 plant species present.

At the entrance I was pleased with the original stone cladding.

A spacious bedroom with an en suite bathroom.

The cozy living room with satellite TV, DVD and fireplace. Fire it constantly support employees of the hotel complex.

Grootbos Private Nature Reserve - a great place with fabulous service and great food. If you are thinking of whale watching or dive into the water with sharks, I advise you to stay in it. Of course, the price tag is a little "bite". The daily cost of a house about 500 dollars. But we got a good skid residence because buying a tour of Africa, a group of eight people.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting