Free parking prediction system from Audi

When my wife and I are going to spend the evening in San Francisco, I do not clog the restaurant address in the browser. Instead, I find the nearest parking and use its address as a destination. It's damn easier than beskoncheno circle by quarters in search of a place to park.

But soon the navigator can bring you just to make room. Research project Urban Intelligent Assistance (Urban Intelligent Assist) Audi company uses large amounts of data, wireless and GPS car navigator for, among other things, search for streets, parking available. Moreover, the system can predict when available space for your car. It's like Google Now, but parking.

"The car is not just a means of transportation from one point to another. This is our friend in a hostile environment, "says Dr. Petros (Petros), director of the Center for Advanced Transportation Technologies at the University of South Carolina. The draft Audi also involved researchers from the University of Berkeley, Michigan Transportation Research Institute and the Research Laboratory of Electronics Audi in Silicon Valley.

In order to convert your car to the aforementioned friend, Audi has created a system of Urban Centralized navigation for Drivers (Driver Centric Urban Navigation). Before the demonstration, the main indzhener ERL Tippelhofer Mario (Mario Tippelhofer) appoints polygon AT & T as your destination. To do this, it uses the Android-powered smartphone that is running in the Audi developed the application associated with the calendar and navigation system. A kind of diary, equipped with GPS.

Following the appointment of the endpoint application queries the database information about the current traffic congestion and load history. Then determines that take about 7 minutes to get to the ballpark. If it was a business meeting, the application would have warned me about the time of departure, and even lay the safety time period, for example, 5 minutes, so that I could come to the meeting a little earlier.

Sitting in the Audi A6, Tippelhofer smartphone puts on a shelf in the center of the torpedo. To communicate with the car navigator using NFC. This is not a requirement, you can use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. When information is transferred to the car navigator on its screen displays the route. On the streets surrounding the stadium set of control points. They indicate the number of available parking spaces in the quarter.

As the system learns about it? Parking spaces are located in the 600 blocks of San Francisco and nearly 700 neighborhoods of Los Angeles are equipped with sensors connected to a central server, which accumulates real-time information about the employment of each parking space.

But that's not it, but the fact that the system can predict when available or that place. Based on the collected statistics, events and incident near the system predicts the number of available parking spaces by the time you arrive at your destination. Audi claims that the prediction accuracy of 97%, if your path will take up to 10 minutes, and 91% if you are 20 minutes away.

It really works. We parked in one of three vacant seats in the two blocks from the stadium. Out of the car and smartphone app tells us which way to go. And not just outputs the names of streets, and gives the team in the style of "Turn right after McDonald's." To do this, the program uses Google Maps and Street View.

The program can adapt to the driving style of the user. This happens fairly quickly: during a demonstration system analyzed, as I accelerated and I brake, which keeps his distance, etc. This information is used to create a profile of the driver for a more accurate calculation of the time of arrival, as well as prompting more convenient for you personally parking spaces in the garage, on the street or with the valet. The system can form the basis of your profile within 15 minutes of driving, then for an hour and update it later is constantly improving.

This profile is combined with traffic information and dynamic re-routing allows the navigator very accurately predict the time of arrival depending on traffic, the speed of your movement, your reaction to events where you park and how fast you can walk from the car to the door to your destination. < br />
Audi plans to introduce this system in a few years to as many cities have got traffic monitoring systems and parking, which will provide more accurate data for forecasting.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/209332/

Tags

See also

New and interesting