How to become a successful person? ..

At this very sore subject is the mass of posts and books. But people do not stop to write more and more, and each time they have something to add. Everyone contributes, based on their own experience. The same rule works for different people in different ways, each with its own point of view and the angle at which he looks at the rule. Stephen King - one of the greatest writers who so clearly expresses his thoughts that the picture comes to life itself, and reading his book, as if you are watching a movie.

In his book "On Writing" (How to write a book), Stephen King talks about his work, about how you can become a professional in the business. And these tips are applicable not only to write books. Many of them are universal.

Lesson 1: Do what you love.

In this phrase the writer has put more than just a positive attitude to their work:

"For me, most work - this is when I'm not doing anything. When I write - I rest, for me it's a game ... »
This rule is found everywhere, but also the most difficult to follow it. That is, until your work will not be for you rest, you need to move on. If you realize, of course. Let me remind you that most of us work 5-6 and sometimes 7 days a week, and if the work turns into hard labor, the life you will have a hard, hard labor.

Lesson 2: Practice, practice, practice

In order to succeed, you need a lot of practice that you do. I think that our standard "study, study, study," which was hammered into our heads, not always comes in handy. The theory - it is good, but in practice - the main! And if you enjoy the process of work, a lot of practice only bring you more fun and will bring more fruitful results.

Lesson 3: Be serious

Only if you are serious about the work and the results you can achieve success. Some people who like their work, treat it as a hobby. As a result, it still remains a hobby, without causing serious results. But success is achieved only by those who approach the issue seriously work.

Lesson 4. Ignore the naysayers
"If you write, someone will certainly try to make you feel like a loser, that's all.»

Skeptics have always been an integral part of life, it is a fact. There will always be people who will spread your idea to the nines. Such people prove useless. Therefore, instead of spraying your precious energy on them, just ignore.

Lesson 5. Enlist

Each person needs someone who will believe in the success of business and will support. When there is someone who believes in you more than yourself, you definitely will succeed.

Lesson 6: Live work

Want to become an ace in your work? Fill your life by what you do.

Lesson 7. Be consistent
"I like to write 10 pages a day, each about 2,000 words. Only under extreme circumstances can I afford to shut down the computer before write 2000 words. »

A good rule that is suitable for any kind of work. Set yourself the right to perform not less than a certain amount each day.

Lesson 8. Study the work of others

By learning how to work your colleagues and especially people who have been successful in your industry, you learn from their positive experiences. This also can be attributed to "learn from the mistakes of others".

Lesson 9. Study the market

In addition to the study of work colleagues, you must also keep abreast of developments and innovations that are taking place in your work. Buy magazines, subscribe to the RSS thematic publications. Keep your finger on the pulse.

Lesson 10. Look for new ideas

Your work does not consist in the search. Here most important time to recognize them when they appear in front of your face. Keep your eyes wide open and your mind - open to everything new.

Lesson 11. Save dynamics
"Once I started working on the project. I did not stop and did not slow the pace until it was possible. »

If a little paraphrase, if you "word wave" - ​​do not stop until you're done! It will be done in the same breath. It is important to remember that the offer, you risk losing that and re-enter the state have to be difficult.

Lesson 12. Write your first draft as soon as possible
"... Load directly on paper what is in my head. I'm writing as fast as I can ... »

Do not try to be perfect immediately in their work. Just scribble at least rough outline of your work and only then adjust it.

Lesson 13. Get rid of unnecessary details

And the item must be exactly 12. That is, after a draft is ready, augmented and transformed into finishing. But there should be more time to review everything and get rid of unnecessary details that only overload the project (book presentation, the building).

Lesson 14. Be your own first customer
"I'm not only the creator of short stories, but I'm also the first reader.»

When you are the author of any work done, it is very difficult to look at it from a different angle, the angle of the buyer. But it's very important, because then you will be able to notice mistakes and correct them before they get to the real customer. Self-criticism - it's pretty good, important to know the scope.

Lesson 15. Work not for money
"My dear, you are working for money? The answer is "no." Not now, and never worked ... I never wrote a single word on paper with a thought about the money that I get for it. »

Money - poor motivation. They force you to ignore the voice of the heart, and you can live someone else's life instead of his.

Lesson 16. Do business with pleasure

If you do your job with pleasure, it not only helps you pass the hard way to success, but also fill the life itself.

Lesson 17. Do this for enriching themselves and others
"Writing - this is not the way to earn a lot of money or to become famous ... It's about enriching the lives of those who read your work, as well as to enrich your own life.»

If you live a life that enriches the (spiritually, of course) and still lives the people around you, then you live a great life.

Tags

See also

New and interesting