Strasbourg

Since 1570, Strasbourg has held the traditional Christmas markets that are open all the wonders of this beautiful city in the cold winter. Today, we go to one of the most famous cities in Europe and the Christmas stroll through the cozy streets decorated with garlands once imbued the atmosphere of Christmas. It all started as usual - once I saw the photos on the Internet Strasbourg summer, and since then, the stone bridge, fahvernye houses, small streets and flowers on the railing of the embankments and bridges did not give me rest. To go to this French town like in the summer, so as to generate ideas, which would celebrate my birthday in early December, the Strasbourg was initially rejected. Fortunately, knowing people convinced that in the winter capital of Alsace, is not worse - not for nothing that this region in the north-east of France is rightly called «Capitale de Noël» - The capital of the Nativity.
And, as it turned out the way it is !!!

A month before Christmas the streets of Strasbourg transformed.

Street Grand Rue, where our small hotel was located, leads to the main architectural wonder of the city - Strasbourg Cathedral (Straßburger Münster). Uncle on a small train, meanwhile, calculates profit :)

At this time, the city is filled with magical festive garlands, lights and ornaments.

In the central square of the city opens up numerous Christmas sales, which are mostly found
Items with holiday symbols, and you can buy the toys themselves or as a gift. Or just wander around and take a look.

Stands with garlands, candles and illuminated ornaments

I wanted to buy myself a shovel Christmas, but realized that hardly allowed into the aircraft

The streets are illuminated by numerous garlands, and the house - exterior illumination.

Another train with something obviously delicious =)

Rue des Orfèvres. Some streets are forced to go with an open-mouthed in admiration.

And on Place Kléber in this pre-holiday time tree grows high, and every hour, from 17 till 21 pm (time when it is dark enough) to the location of the building is carried out here a beautiful 15-minute light installation.

I wonder how many there are rooms in this hotel in Cathedral Square, a view of the famous cathedral? Perhaps the high price tag, though the place is very noisy and crowded.

And, of course, on each square with Christmas sale can taste delicious mulled wine, which is cooked right there on the spot. Hot cup of wine December evening - this is exactly what you need to keep warm and to restore power in walks.
I must say that exploring the city mulled wine was used everywhere and all the time: here it was much tastier than in Stuttgart, Germany. With the French at me really bad, remember the magic words: vin chaud - hot wine. Rouge - Red. Blanc - white. Do not disappear. Over a cup 0, 2n asking about 2 euros a large circle 0, 4l - 4 euros, respectively. When buying a mulled wine must also leave a deposit of 2 euros per cup, which is given back when returning mugs. Ceramic Mugs, Strasbourg and very beautiful, one decided to leave himself and took home

Give «Nothing Else Matters» French!

Fahvernye houses - the subject of my relentless admiration

In the markets you can choose Christmas decorations for all tastes. These Christmas decorations, such as owls occupied

There are also extravagant Christmas decorations

But I am an adherent of the classical Christmas toys

Well, again, these fahvernye houses ... Walked would have walked here

A house on the street changed color every minute. Now they are colored, one minute will be completely red, then - blue, then - purple and green.

Vnesёm slightly positive in this dark and gloomy post

Mercier and the street leading to the cathedral, is always crowded. But somehow returning home late at night and managed to photograph it nearly empty Strasbourg Cathedral, the former for more than 200 years the tallest building in the world, partially obscured by fog.

Damn, I'm harsh unshaven man, but you must admit that these mimimishechnye mimimishki to captivate the house and take me with your bare hands !!! Only kid in the yard not say.

Book

The famous Dam Vauban night ominously highlighted in red.

Galeries Lafayette is also in festive attire.

Strasbourg restaurants. You can sit out on the street - part temperature did not fall below plus five.

A month before Christmas, the city is filled with beauty.

Source: replikator.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting