I imagined the Jamaica branch of paradise on Earth.

I imagined the Jamaica branch of paradise on Earth. But after this post I realized that Jamaica is no different from poor African countries, and that you will not find on a map.

Next, the text author:
Early in the morning I leave the Cayman Islands ... dawn, beautifully!

The first rays of the sun illuminate the money trees that grow here ...

The villas of the rich

After 40 minutes, flies to Jamaica!

Suddenly. In Jamaica, the beautiful green hills

The capital, largest city and port of the country, is the city of Kingston. The capital is more than 580 thousand people. The center of Kingston looks:

Several high office buildings and colonial buildings.

Offices

In the center of the brightly colored buildings all advertising. Judging by the abundance of barbed wire, are restless.

All that remains of the former greatness.

Jamaica is very similar to some godforsaken African country. Dirt nischita, everything fell apart, no one works, all in Africa. Only Jamaica is in the other side of the world.

. The streets in the center.

Bike

Public transport is represented by buses and minibuses. In the final each minibus surround hucksters and start vparivat of junk.

Market.

The official language of the country is English, but the majority of the residents speak with each other in the language of Patois. This English-African creole language, understand his untrained person is almost impossible. And ordinary Jamaican English is very hard to take.

Famous Jamaican truck. It's all such. Make sure the car steering wheel, he runs the ropes through the front wheels. Behind the right is the brake - is made from pieces of old tires. Wheels also homemade - rubber strips nailed to the wooden disc. These trucks have each merchant.

The police are riding bicycles. In the center of the police in general a lot, especially in the slums. In the slums seen war, unfortunately not removed, they are a very nervous)

On the roads, too many police. After Christmas all tested for booze.

Along the road are selling coconuts

A lot of old men with white beards. In Africa, do not wear a beard, but here right at every second gray beard. Very unusual.

In the central square bustling.

It formed a spontaneous market. All captured by traders.

Sell ​​all the junk.

Why not Africa?

Probably the main difference from the godforsaken African countries - is the bright colors. In Jamaica, all painted in bright colors.

A lot of homeless

Bob Marley - Jamaica's business card. I went to the house-museum of Bob Marley. It turns out «Do not Worry, Be Happy» not his song, and Bobby McFerrin. And all my life I thought of it. I'm the only one, perhaps? Not for nothing has gone to Jamaica.

In the area where I was born and raised Bob every second working guide. Tour to places of Fame famous musician is $ 30. For the money you allocate stoned junkie that husky voice will tell moving stories from the life of Bob. "When I govorb about Bob, before my eyes appear tears! I remember him as a boy, we went together to school! "Despite the fact that if Bob was alive, he would be almost 70 years old, all he is remembered" as a boy »

The administration of the museum. 'Smoke can now be expanded and patience. " Marijuana smoke free here almost everything, as we have cigarettes. Although it is officially banned, but smoking is allowed. The smell of marijuana here everywhere, even in Amsterdam there is no such.

The museum is a collection of all the junk from the landfill. Here, the most valuable exhibit. Minibus Volkswagen, which rolled Bob Marley. All other exhibits about the same condition.

The room of a musician.

Kingston surprisingly clean. All garbage is thrown into one place, where it then taken away trucks. On the streets and in the courts is almost perfect cleanliness.

as befits Jamaica, nobody does anything.

Streets district, where Bob grew up. Notice how cleanly.

Or, some slums. Not a single piece of paper. Just like in Singapore.

They say it's dangerous. But today, the military conducted any raid, so that all hid in the houses and the streets were deserted and quiet.

Kingston really is a very poor, the collapsed town. But it is necessary to climb the nearest hill, offers a very different picture. All the rich people live on the hill.

Here expensive home, flowers, palm trees and tranquility.

Quite a different life.

Fishermen.

Pelicans wait when they give unwanted fish.

Source: zyalt.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting